|Positive Discipline for the Montessori Classroom – Practitioner’s Class
The Practitioner’s Class is a 2-Day training based on the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. The class is designed to help participants learn how to implement respectful, effective and time-tested methods of classroom management that reflect our deepest values as Montessori educators: mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy and independence.
Chip DeLorenzo, M.Ed., co-author, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom
During this experiential training, new and veteran educators and administrators will learn how to:
- Create a classroom community and social/emotional environment that will reduce misbehavior and foster normalization;
- Develop clear and consistent practices amongst the adults in their classrooms to meet behavioral challenges respectfully and effectively;
- Understand the roots of misbehavior in children;
- Empower children to be respectful, cooperative, and responsible members of the classroom community;
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their classroom community;
- Effectively train assistants in classroom management;
- Develop school-wide practices that will help parents as well as teachers.
Summit-Questa Montessori School, 5451 Davie Rd, Davie, FL 33314
Saturday and Sunday, February 19-20, 2022
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
- Book: Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom
- Class Workbook
- Materials will be handed out at the workshop.
Click the link below for registration information.
- Early Registration Fee – $300 until December 15, 2021
- Regular Registration Fee – $350 after December 15, 2021
- 10% Group Discount – For groups of three or more from the same school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to register with group discount.
Class Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of the class. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before the class. However, paid registrants can transfer to another class presented by Chip within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the class. In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.
Email Chip at email@example.com